NEXSTAR EVOLUTION 9.25 HD TELESCOPE
- 9.25” EdgeHD optical tube provides superb visual and astro-imaging performance, free of coma and field curvature.
- Rechargeable lithium-iron phosphate battery with enough power for 10 hours of continuous observing.
- Built-in WiFi—no hand control required! Use your smartphone or tablet to connect to the telescope via WiFi.
- StarSense AutoAlign aligns your telescope automatically and works with the SkyPortal app for complete wireless control.
- Fastar/HyperStar compatible so you can image deep sky objects in seconds at f/2, often eliminating the need to autoguide or track on a wedge.
- NexStar Evolution mount is packed with convenient features like manual release clutches and precision machined worm gears for both axes, a USB charge port, tray lighting for your accessories, and more.
- Accessories included: 25mm Plössl (1.25"), Omni 2x Barlow (1.25"), a 1.25" Moon Filter, StarPointer Pro™ finderscope, StarSense AutoAlign, and a 2" diagonal with a 1.25" adapter.
The innovative NexStar Evolution is a compact, portable, and mechanically solid telescope made for hours of serious visual observing and certain types of astroimaging. The NexStar Evolution HD package stands out due to its unique features, including: StarSense AutoAlign, EdgeHD optics, integrated WiFi, and its internal LiFePO4 battery.
StarSense AutoAlign in the SkyPortal App
StarSense AutoAlign helps you optimize your time outdoors, giving you back time you would have spent aligning your telescope and allowing you more time to observe. It scans the night sky and analyses the star patterns overhead, automatically calculating the telescope’s precise location, the date, and the current time. What’s more, you can add up to 10 additional alignment stars for the most accurate alignment possible.
Because StarSense AutoAlign is paired with the Evolution mount, you get even more functionality and ease of use. Connect to the mount via the SkyPortal mobile app and you can perform the automatic alignment directly from your smart device, then instantly command the telescope to slew to your first celestial object.
9.25” EdgeHD Optical Tube
EdgeHD is an aplanatic, flat-field Schmidt optical system that produces aberration-free images across a wide visual and photographic field of view. The optical system reduces more than just off-axis star coma; it provides an astrograph-quality flat focal plane all the way to the edge of the field of view.
EdgeHD optics produce a focal plane more than three times flatter than a standard Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope and dramatically flatter than competing coma-free designs. This guarantees you visibly sharp stars across full frame sensors.
The 9.25” EdgeHD flat-field and coma-free optical tube was made to accommodate modern imaging with cameras of all types, especially larger format CCD and DSLR cameras. The EdgeHD optical tube is Fastar-compatible for ultra-fast f/2 wide field imaging with an optional, third-party lens assembly.
Perfect for Visual Use or Beginning Astroimaging
This telescope is an excellent instrument for those looking to explore astroimaging. It’s the only fork-mounted telescope in its price range that offers brass worm gears along with improved motors, which provide great tracking accuracy. Capture images of the Moon and planets by attaching any planetary imaging camera. You can even experiment with imaging brighter deep-sky objects like the Orion Nebula with your DSLR camera.
As you progress in the hobby of astroimaging, turn your alt-azimuth mount into equatorial setup by adding the Wedge for NexStar Evolution. This accessory will enable you to achieve longer exposures for more detailed astrophotos. The NexStar Evolution mount also features a built-in lithium-iron phosphate (LiFePO4) battery with enough power for 10-hour astroimaging sessions.
Of course, the EdgeHD optical system offers bright, sharp views with StarBright XLT™ optical coatings—a great choice for visual observers and budding astro-imagers alike.
NexStar Evolution is equipped with 4 auxiliary ports—two on top of the fork and two on the bottom. A StarSense hand control is still included, but is not necessary when using NexStar Evolution with the app.
The NexStar Evolution 9.25” telescope includes a 1.25” Plössl 25mm eyepiece, which is great for observing most any celestial object right out of the box. What’s more, your telescope includes a 2x Barlow lens, 2" diagonal with a 1.25" adapter, a 1.25" Moon Filter, the StarSense AutoAlign accessory, and a StarPointer Pro™ finderscope. The StarSense AutoAlign comes with a hand control, but thanks to the internal WiFi and SkyPortal app, use of the hand control is completely optional.
To increase your field of view without sacrificing performance, add the optional EdgeHD reducer lens, bringing your focal ratio down to f/7.
Software that Comes FREE with your Purchase
Celestron PWI Telescope Control: Your Ultimate Astronomy Software
All current Celestron computerized telescopes include Celestron PWI (CPWI), the most advanced astronomy software provided with any consumer-grade telescope. Celestron’s experts co-developed CPWI with the engineers at PlaneWave Instruments. The result is an all-in-one solution offering you many of the same features used on PlaneWave’s observatory-class telescopes.
- Graphical planetarium interface with PointXP advanced mount modelling allows you to add 100+ points to your alignment model for the most accurate pointing and tracking possible
- Ideal for remote observatory setups: save and re-load your alignment and park your scope
- Provides a complete ASCOM telescope interface to allow control of the telescope from third party software applications
Starry Night Software
Also included with your purchase is a free download of Celestron’s Starry Night Special Edition Software. This advanced software by Simulation Curriculum offers detailed information about celestial objects and helps you plan your next observing or imaging session. The Special Edition software also includes telescope control via your PC.