Updated version with built-in WiFi!
Sky-Watcher Star Discovery P150i WiFi GoTo Telescope is a highly capable all-rounder for the observation of the Moon, bright planets, nebulae, galaxies and star clusters. It features an extremely useful 150mm light gathering aperture, a superb parabolic primary mirror and is easy to carry and transport.
Sky-Watcher Star Discovery P150i WiFi GoTo is controlled wirelessly with your Smartphone or Tablet, using the free SynScan App for iOS or Android. The integrated Synscan WiFi module creates its very own WiFi network, so the mount can be used anywhere, without any reliance on other WiFi or mobile networks. After entering your coordinates into the App and following a simple alignment procedure, you are ready to explore the universe using the App's intuitive touchscreen menu.
The Star Discovery P150i WiFi GoTo and SynScan App provides full computerised GoTo control, allowing the telescope to be automatically slewed to any one of the objects in the App's extensive database of 10,000+ celestial objects. Incorporates Sky-Watcher's Freedom-Find patented Dual-Encoder Technology, which allows the telescope to be moved manually in either axis without the mount losing its positional information. This gives the user enormous freedom, convenience and flexibility during observational sessions.
- Magnifications (with eyepieces supplied): x30 & x75
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x300
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 150mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 750mm (f/5)
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
- Parabolic Set Primary Mirror
- Red Dot Finder
- 1.25” Rack & Pinion Focuser
- Star Discovery AZ Go-To Alt-Azimuth Go-To Mount with Dual-Axis Tracking
- Freedom-Find™ Dual Encoder Technology
- Built-in Synscan™ Wi-Fi Adaptor Module
- Controller: Free SynScan App for iOS and Android mobile device or Synscan Hand Controller (available separately)
- SynScan App Database: Total 10,000+ Objects. Deep Sky Objects: 10759, including Messier, NGC, IC, Caldwell Catalogues, Named DSOs, Named Stars: 305, Double Stars: 55, Solar system objects: 7 planets, Sun , Moon. (Unlimited objects when working with a 3rd party planetarium software).
- SynScan App Alignment Method: Brightest Star Alignment, North-Level Alignment
- SynScan App's Other Features: Tonight's Best Sky Tour, Point and Go with a mobile device, Identification of Celestial Objects, Remote control over Internet, User defined objects, Pointing Accuracy Enhancement (PAE)
- 45mm Sky-Watcher/Vixen type dovetail saddle
- Interface: SynScan Hand Control Port, DSLR Shutter Release Port (optional cables available separately)
- Connectivity: ASCOM platform for Windows PC, Mobile planetarium App for iOS and Android ( SkySafari Plus/Pro, more are coming).
- Power Requirement: 12v DC 1Amp Power Supply (Tip Positive) or 8 x AA Batteries (not supplied)
- Sky-Watcher 7Ah or 17Ah Power Tank Recommended
- Stainless Steel Tripod with Accessory Tray
- 33% more Light Gathering than 130mm
SKY-WATCHER DELUXE MIRROR COATINGS
Most reflectors today usually have a coat of aluminium as the mirror surface and then an overcoat of silicon monoxide or silicon dioxide to protect it. Silicon dioxide produces a much more durable coat than silicon monoxide but requires specialized equipment to apply it and is therefore more expensive. Protection is needed, because in most reflectors, the mirror is open to the elements and deterioration of the reflective layer reduces the resolution of the telescope. ALL Sky-Watcher reflectors are Multi-Coated with Silicon Dioxide as standard for Optimum Durability and Long Term Performance.
Android 11 notice from Sky-Watcher:
We have confirmed that the current version of SynScan App, SynScan Pro App and SAM Console App on the Google Play are not compatible with Android 11. We have finished the development of new version of these apps which can work with Android 11, but due to technical issues, we cannot release the updates on Google Play. Unfortunately, this situation might last several months.
Currently, only Google’s Pixel smart phone can run Android 11, other brands might start to provide Android 11 devices in one or two months. If you are planning to use Android 11 devices to run Sky-Watcher apps, please do the following:
1. Uninstall the SynScan app, SynScan Pro app or SAM Console app which are downloaded from Google Play.
2. Visit our website to download and install the latest version of the apps.
For SynScan app and SynScan Pro app click HERE
Form SAM Console app click HERE
3. Grant the app with the permission to access the smart phone’s location. Users have to do it manually.