Sky-Watcher SYNSCAN AZ GO-TO Computerised Telescopes
The exciting new Sky-Watcher SynScan™ Alt-Azimuth GoTo Mount is a precision engineered instrument that will allow you to easily find and enjoy viewing night sky treasures, such as Planets, Nebulae, Star Clusters, Galaxies and much more. The SynScan™ AZ hand control allows you point your telescope at a specific object, or even tour the night sky at the touch of a button!! The user-friendly menu system allows automatic slewing to over 42,900+ objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observing sessions.
Combined with telescope OTA’s of proven high quality, these Superb Packages are all you need to Explore the Universe to your Heart’s Content!!
- SynScanTM Database: Total 42,900+ Objects, including Complete M, NGC, IC & SAO Catalogues
- Alignment Method: Two-star or Brightest star alignment
- Pointing Accuracy Enhancement (PAE) feature
- Unknown Object Indentification feature
- Pointing Accuracy up to 10 arc min
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Slewing Speeds: 1.0x, 2.0x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 128x, 400x, 500x, 600x, 800x
- Tracking Mode: Dual Axis Tracking
- Quiet Operation
- Motor Type & Resolution: DC Servo Motors. Resolution 0.8923 arc sec or 1,452,425 steps/rev
- PC Compatible: can be used with popular Planetarium Software.
- SynScan Handset Firmware upgradeable via the Internet
- Power Requirement: 12v DC Power Supply (Tip Positive) or AA Batteries (not supplied)
"In recent years the Sky-Watcher brand has won several plaudits for its well engineered and easy-to-use range of GOTO mounts….Acknowledging the need for a lightweight alt-azimuth GOTO mount to complement the existing range, Sky-Watcher has just introduced six optical tube assemblies on the new SynScan AZ….the mount itself will inevitably invite comparisons with that of Celestron’s SLT range, but apart from an identical tripod and similar castings for the single-arm fork, they are very different mounts. Unlike the tube-specific plastic moulding surrounding the dovetail-mounting block on the SLT, the SynScan AZ has an all-alloy fixture that presents no such restriction, and just about any OTA less than 5kg with a Vixen-style dovetail bar may be used with it….Even without being particularly careful about initial set-up , the mount repeatedly performed well in all GOTO tests. The Moon - a fast moving object subject to a large parallax and always a good test – was consistently positioned in the central part of the field of view, as were the planets. The SynScan AZ swiftly and reliably found every requested random object over the entire visible hemisphere, with a pointing error never exceeding 0.3 degrees….Quieter in operation than the competing Celestron SLT mount and equally capable of external computer control…The new SynScan AZ incorporates all the key features, upgradeable feature set and ease of use as Sky-Watcher’s more expensive GOTO mounts in a sturdy, single-arm fork package, weighing less than 4.5kg (including tripod) and with an impressive targeting accuracy….Highly recommended"
Astronomy Now Magazine
AZ Goto Telescopes Manual