Ideal addition to the Astronomik ProPlanet IR 742 for imaging the moon and planets, with telescopes larger then 10" (250mm) when the seeing is poor.
This filter is an ideal complement to the ProPlanet IR 742 for use with converted DSLR cameras, CCD cameras and Webcams. The effects of seeing are distinctly reduced. It is your entry into previously unknown dimensions of photography of the moon and the planets.
The ProPlanet IR 807 only allows infrared light with wavelengths of more than 807 nm to pass. In this wavelength range the effects of seeing are significantly lower than in the visible spectrum of the human eye. This allows much sharper images than are usually obtained from your device and location. Another advantage is that the sky background of advanced dawn is dark and even allows photography of planets and moon at daylight.
The Astronomik ProPlanet IR 807 cuts off the visible part of the spectrum and allows the light of wavelengths longer then 807nm to pass. Due to this behavior the part of the spectrum that is most sensitive to bad seeing is rejected. This approach does a big improvement to the imaging of planets and the moon. The image is more steady than the image in the visible light.
- The Astronomik ProPlanet IR 807 is designed to be an addition to the Astronomik ProPlanet IR 742, if the seeing is extremely bad and a larger telescope is used.
- For most cameras the exposure times doubles, compared to the Astronomik ProPlanet IR 742 or imaging in visible light, if the Astronomik ProPlanet IR 807 is used.
- Darkens the background during twilight.
- Imaging of bright planets, stars and comets by day.
- Imaging of young stars in dust clouds and stellar nurseries.
If the seeing is not so bad or if the telescope is smaller than 10" (250mm) we recommend the use of the Astronomik ProPlanet IR 742.