Ensures highest contrast in the photosphere of the sun. The filter works as a monochrometer – suppressing the effects of the atmospheric turbulence and results in images that are significantly sharper. Owners of SCTs and refractors will benefit as red and blue wavelengths are completely excluded, with the transmission area peaking at 535nm where telescope optics are sharpest and free from chromatic aberrations.
- 1¼” Double Stacked Baader Solar Continuum Filter. 8nm / CWL 540nm.
- Includes 1x AstroSolar® Photo Film OD 3.8 20×29 cm. The filter includes two Baader Solar Continuum Filters in a single filter cell which have been stacked for even higher contrast.
- Enhances the contrast and reduces the effect of atmospheric turbulence.
- This filter must be used in conjunction with a Baader Herschel Wedge or Baader AstroSolar® Safety Film 5.0 (not included) for solar observations otherwise equipment damage may occur. The included Baader AstroSolar® Photo Film 3.8 must not be used for visual observation but only for solar photography (e.g. lucky imaging).
- WEIGHT (KG) - 0.026
- TRANSMISSION RANGE - 536 – 544 nm
- FILTER THICKNESS (WITHOUT CELL) - 2 mm
- HBW (HALFBANDWIDTH) - 8nm
- CWL (CENTRAL WAVELENGTH) - 540 nm
- AR-COATING - dielectrically coated, planeoptically polished
- SPECIAL FEATURES - double stacked
- FILTER SIZE - 1 25 inch
- FILTER USAGE - Contrast Enhancement, Solar
- FILTER MOUNTED - Mounted (classic 8mm)
- TYPE OF FILTER - Narrowband
- SINGLE OR SET? - Single Filter
- FILTER SHAPE - round