The Bresser Astrophoto Tracking Mount + Polar Wedge Tripod is designed to be used with DSLRs and small telescopes for long duration astrophotography, providing a tracking platform to counteract the Earth's rotation and create wonderful wide field shots of the skies above us. This version comes with a fully featured field tripod, including built-in equatorial wedge to assist accurate polar alignment, with easy to operate push/pull adjusters on both altitude and azimuth axes.
Do you already own a photo camera and would like to create impressive pictures of the night sky with the help of the long exposure or even make time-lapse pictures with little effort ?
The BRESSER photo mount is the ideal base. This mount is particularly well suited not just for beginners in astrophotography, but also the experts will swear by this compact and easy-to-use mount which automatically compensates for the natural rotation of the earth. The built-in tracking motor rotates the saddle-mounted camera precisely against the earth's rotation and thus the stars remain round even during long exposures.
Which cameras are basically suitable for use with the BRESSER photo mount ?
All cameras with ¼ inch (6.3mm) tripod connection thread and bulb length" B "for long exposure are suitable.
The BRESSER photo mount is designed for a camera with lens of max. 2.5 kg total weight to carry and track. Large aperture, wide-angle lenses are ideal for the beginning, because the requirements for tracking accuracy accumulate with increasing focal length and exposure time. Subsequently, a shot with wide-angle lens can be exposed for up to several minutes and the stars will remain round without showing tracking errors. For longer focal lenght lenses - for example, using a 200mm telephoto lens - the polar alignment of the photo mount must be exactly right. But thanks to the high precision optical polar alignment scope, this can done quickly and effectively.
After setting up the light and compact photo mount, simply set the approximate latitude (pole height) to the polar wedge's altitude scale and aim at Polaris through the illuminated pole finder scope. Then mount the camera with the photo lens using the quick-release plate on the supplied ball head. With the ball head, the camera can be aligned and determined at any time on any section of the sky. As soon as the tracking motor is switched on, long-time exposures can begin immediately. With practise, this set-up can be achieved in under 5 minutes ...
The tracking is carried out by a precise stepper motor, which can also be moved via the hand box with switchable low 2x or high 32x speed in forward and reverse, allowing the target area of sky to be adjusted very precisely. Low power consumption allows up to 50 hours of operation with just one battery charge.
The height-adjustable stainless steel tripod with polar wedge is an extremely stable base for the BRESSER photo mount. Thanks to the integrated circular level in the tripod head, the leveling of the photo mount is child's play. If you already own a sturdy photo tripod with a video tilt head you can mount the photo mount's head directly to this with the base's 1/4 inch & 3/8 inch photo thread holes. The pole height (latitude) can then adjusted by the video tilt head. The photo-mount and the tripod with polar wedge are also available separatelyshould you want to buy either separately - the product numbers of these are 4964111 and 4964112 respectively.
- Equatorial Photo-Mount
- Adjustable stainless steel field tripod with polar wedge and bubble level
- Automatic siderial tracking against the Earth rotation
- Handbox to control the tracking motors (2x/32x)
- Suitable for northern and southern henisphere
- Optical pole finder scope with illumination unit included
- Ballhead with quick release saddle plate and 1/4" Photo thread for Kamera mounting
- Photo-Mount with 3/8" threaded bolt for ballhead mounting
- Photo-Mount with 1/4" und 3/8" inner threads for tripod mounting
- High precision stepper motor with helical gear for accurate tracking
- Large screws and handles for easy usage at night
- Battery operation or stabilized power adapter (optional acc.)
- Battery life: up to 50 hours
- Power connector at handbox: 6 volts DC jack 5.5/2.5mm (positive pole at center pin)
- Weight Photo-Mont with ballhead: 1.0 kg
- Weight tripod with polar wedge: 3.5 kg
- Load capacity of Photo-Mount: up to 2.5 kg
- Height of camera sattle plate max. 140 cm
WHAT'S IN THE BOX:
- Astrophoto Mount head
- Tracking motor with Handbox
- Ultra-stable stainless steel field tripod with bubble level
- Ballhead with quick release saddle plate
- Pole finder scope with illumination unit
- Battery compartment 6 volts with case (no D-batteries included)