Universal mounting rail for mounting a photo camera on an EQ mount with Vixen GP mount for astrophotography.
The EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC camera dovetail rail is made of die-cast aluminium. The dovetail-shaped mounting rail is 45 mm wide (similar to the Vixen dovetail style) and 280 mm long. The matt black anodized surface has a laser engraved scale on one side with a fine graduation with 2 mm increments. This makes it easier to determine the center of gravity when placing the camera on the mounting head. To protect the clamping surface there is a stainless steel clamping plate on the opposite side. The dovetail plate is equipped with rubber inserts at 3 positions. This allows a secure mounting of the camera equipment and prevents unintentional slipping and twisting. The mounting rail has a screw fastening with 1/4 inch photo thread, which is suitable for almost all commercially available camera systems. The screw attachment can be used in 3 different elongated hole positions to adjust a perfect balance. In addition, an adapter from 1/4 inch to 3/8 inch photo thread is also included, so that ball heads with the larger thread version can also be used directly. The camera mounting rail weighs only 250 grams. Suitable for all EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC and BRESSER mounts and also mounts of other brands that accept the popular Vixen-GP dovetail rail.
- Universal camera mounting rail
- Dovetail with 45 mm width
- Length 280mm; weight 250 grams
- Suitable for EQ mounts with Vixen GP dovetail
- Camera mounting screw with 1/4 inch photo thread
- Thread adapter 1/4 inch to 3/8 inch
- Laser engraved scale with 2 mm fine graduation
- Stainless steel clamping plate
- Rubber inserts against slipping and twisting
- 3 elongated holes for mounting the camera
SCOPE OF DELIVERY
- Camera mounting rail
- Mounting screw 1/4 inch
- Thread adapter 3/8 inch