Sky-Watcher EQ3 PRO SynScan Mount is supplied with aluminium TRIPOD.
Sky-Watcher offers simple solutions for users who would like to attach their smaller telescope to a convenient computerized system but do not wish to deal with the weight of the HEQ5 or EQ6 mounts. The EQ3 PRO SynScanTM mounts use the same Go-To system found in the HEQ5 and EQ6 PRO SynScanTM. It allows you to point the telescope at a specific object or even tour the skies at the touch of a button. Its extensive database includes a massive 42,900+ night sky objects.
The EQ3 PRO SynScanTM mount is a perfect instrument for novice visual observers and imagers to enjoy astronomy with minimal setup time and in-depth knowledge of the night sky.
PLEASE NOTE: The Motor Control box supplied (situated left of handset in above picture) is designed to clamp onto 1.75__ Diameter Stainless Steel tripod legs. In this instance the Motor Control Box should be attached with either cord or Velcro (User Supplied).
"I wanted something that could replicate the functionality and ease of use of my EQ6 PRO mount, but packaged in an ultra-portable form....GOTO accuracy was simply amazing for a mount of this size and cost. It hit every one of the ten or so targets with the 26mm eyepiece....has the potential to revolutionise the portable astronomy market. Whilst other products exist for the travelling astronomer, this one seems to have it all"
Astronomy Now Magazine
- Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute. Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation.
- Stepper motors with 1.8“_ step angle and 64 micro steps driven.
- Slewing speed up to 3.4“_/sec (800X).
- Guiding speed selectable from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X.
- 42,900+ Object database containing complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogues.
- Periodic Error Correction.
- PC compatibility.
- Upgradeable hand control via internet download.
- Maximum Payload e.g. Explorer-150P/PL Reflector or Evostar-120 Refractor
- Supplied with Aluminium Tripod & Accessory Tray