New Sky-Watcher Evolux-82ED Refractor Telescope OTA is available now!
Sky-Watcher has developed the all-new Evolux ED series built on the foundation of the popular Evostar line of doublet ED refractors.
Evolux ED series are designed for the discerning astrophotographer looking for a lightweight scope that still packs a punch. Naturally, Evolux ED models offer excellent performance for visual use too.
Evolux ED models have key upgrades in the optics and the mechanics, making them the perfect fit for a widefield grab-and-go setup. Evolux ED apochromatic doublet refractors are the perfect blend of superior extra-low dispersion glass and affordability. The doublet lens assembly utilises a proprietary combination of optically matched lenses, including one ED lens element, that delivers sharp stars with charcoal-black, contrast-rich skies, whilst virtually eliminating false colour. All lens elements feature Sky-Watcher's proprietary Metallic High-Transmission Coatings™ (MHTC™) which are the finest photon anti-rejection coatings in their class, optimising light throughput to up to 99.5%!
The Evolux-82ED comes in a foam-lined aluminum case with a 2.4-inch 11:1 dual-speed rack-and-pinion focuser, 45mm dovetail bar, clamshell ring, and adjustable dew shield.
An optional 0.9x two-element focal reducer/field flattener, which includes one ED lens element and adaptor/field rotator, is available separately, which when combined makes the Evolux-82ED into a four-lens optical system comprising two ED elements!
- Optical Design: Apochromatic ED Doublet Refractor, Air Spaced, Fully Multi-Coated
- Objective Lens Diameter: 82mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 530mm (f/6.45)
- Focal Length with optional 0.9x Reducer/Flattener: 477mm (f/5.8)
- Field of View with optional 0.9x Reducer/Flattener: 4.34°
- Dual-Speed 2.4” Rack & Pinion Focuser with Indexed Drawtube
- 2" (50.8mm) Visual Adaptor with Compression Ring
- Clamshell Ring with 45mm Dovetail Mounting Bar
- Supplied with two fitted finderscope shoes (Note: Photos only show one shoe)
- Supplied without Star Diagonal, Finderscope or Eyepieces
- Aluminium Carrying Case
- Tube Length Retracted/Extended: 425mm/580mm
- OTA Weight: 2.92kg with supplied accessories