The high-end Sky-Watcher Evostar-72ED DS-Pro APO OTA features a doublet objective lens, with one Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass element.
Apochromatic Refractors, due to their unobstructed, text-book like diffraction patterns, produce the sharpest, highest quality optical imaging available, bar-none, aperture for aperture, of any telescope optical system.
Each air-to-glass objective lens surface has exotic anti-reflection metallic coatings applied, to ensure optimum light throughput of approaching 99.5%!!
The proprietary Sky-Watcher 'Metallic High-Transmission Coatings' (MHC) are the finest photon anti-rejection coatings in their class.
(Please note Sky-Watcher Evostar-72ED DS-Pro APO OTA contains a different objective lens glass combination to the Evostar-80ED/100ED/120ED models)
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x216
- Objective Lens Diameter: 72mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 420mm (f/5.8)
- Supplied without Eyepiece, Finderscope and 2" Star Diagonal
- Dual-Speed 2" Crayford Focuser 11:1 ratio (Backlash-Free)
- Multi-Coated Objective Lens
- Sky-Watcher 'Metallic 99.5% High-Transmission Coatings' (MHC) on all air to glass surfaces
- Standard Finderscope Shoe
- Tube Rings and 45mm Dovetail Bar (with 1/4-20 tripod threads)
- Removable Dewshield
- Weight 1955g
- Length 42cm
- Aluminium Carrying Case (with compartments for additional accessories)