200 mm Maksutov/Cassegrain mirror telescope
- 1950 mm focal length and built-in correction lens
- Short design, lightweight housing and open lens barrel
- Dimensions: 232mm x 510mm Weight: 6.8 kg
- Includes 7x50 viewfinder telescope, flip mirror and carry handle
- Max. useful magnification: 400x
- Focal length: 1950 mm
- Aperture ratio: f/9.8
- Eyepiece diameter: 31.7 mm (1.25") and 50.8 mm (2")
- Viewfinder: 7x50 (Included Accessories)
The VMC200L's primary mirror is f2.5 and the compound optical system is f9.75 making the system much more compact and portable than many competitive models.
An additional key feature is the rack and pinion focusing that is placed behind the primary mirror. The use of this focusing system eliminates the image shift associated with most other Schmidt-Cassegrain systems. This is especially important when using high power magnification and for astrophotography. When focusing, the image is stable and easy to adjust.
Featuring an improved design and optical properties, this compact Field Maksutov-Cassegrain system is the answer to all SC devices. The Meniskus corrector is located directly in front of the secondary mirror. As a result, the Field-Maksutov does not require a correction plate on the telescope aperture, which quickly becomes covered in dew when exposed to humid air. The long focal length allows you to make detailed observations of planets, distant galaxies, individual lunar craters and mountains and many other celestial objects.
Thanks to the open system, the optics cool down quickly, ensuring that the telescope is ready for use in no time.
- 200 mm mirror
- Focal length: 1950 mm (f9.75)
- Resolution and limiting magnitude: 0.45 arc seconds; 13.3
- Light-gathering power: 816x
- Dimensions and weight: 232 x 510, 6.8 kg
- Adapter and connections: 60 mm thread
- Dovetail bar
- Flip mirror
- Carry handle
- 7x50 viewfinder, illuminated