The Sky-Watcher EQ8-R Pro is an exciting evolutionary progression of the popular EQ8 Pro. The EQ8-R Pro is an extra heavy-duty, observatory class German equatorial mount, with a payload capacity of up to 50kg. Quiet in operation, the EQ8-R is supplied with the Synscan™ Go-To handset and can automatically find and track over 42,900 celestial objects from its extensive computer database.
Available either complete with pier tripod or as the mount head only, to install onto a static pier. Two 10kg counterweights and the Synscan computerised handset are supplied with both options. The mount is also compatible with the optional Synscan™ Wi-Fi adaptor and Synscan™ Pro Apps which can control the mount wirelessly.
Improvements over the previous EQ8 model include:
• Cable management system for reduced tangling.
• Improved Connectivity
• Improved installation position of motors for improved balance.
• Improved clutch mechanism provides more holding strength.
• Improved dovetail groove knob for added comfort and increased locking power.
• Belt drive on the DEC axes for quiet slewing
**Please note Freedom-Find encoders are not present on the EQ8-R**