- High-performance, top-of-the-range fluorite apochromat
- Compact, lightweight and transportable
- Very high quality standards, fluorite optics
- Suitable for full-frame photography
- Razor-sharp star images across the entire field of view
- Perfect for air travel and excursions
- High-quality workmanship, made in Japan
- Dimensions: 80 x 282 mm
- Weight: 1.5 kg
The Vixen FL55SS fluorite apochromatic refractor delivers extremely sharp and bright star field images to the very edge of a full frame imaging sensor (95% light transmission at 44mm image circle).
The FL55SS has a compact 55mm f5.5 (300mm focal length) apochromatic objective lens and is a small, lightweight, grab and go telescope, ideal for the more demanding astronomer who is looking for a high quality telescope for use on the move. The FL55SS turns into a fast f/4.3 astrograph with the addition of the optional flattener lens and focal reducer. Despite its small aperture, the FL55SS, with a high resolution HR eyepiece, delivers stunningly clear views of the moon and bright planets.
High-performance, top-of-the-range fluorite apochromat for mobile astrophotography and observers.
Thanks to its small size and lightweight design, this high-quality fluorite refractor is ideal for excursions and air travel.
It displays razor sharp and bright stars across the entire field of view of the full-frame image sensor (95% illumination with 44 mm image circle).
The FL55SSS turns into a fast F/4.3 astrograph with the optional flattener and focal reducer. It allows you to use extremely short exposure times and a provides a large field of view for large nebulae or comets.
Despite the small aperture, the FL55SS features a high-resolution HR eyepiece that produces stunningly clear images of the moon and the bright planets.
When used for astrophotography, it delivers razor-sharp images of stars that are guaranteed to impress.
- Objective lenses: 55 mm fluorite
- Focal length: 300 mm F5.5
- Resolution and limiting magnitude: 2.11, 10.5
- Light-gathering power: 62x
- Dimensions and weight: 80 x 282 mm; 1.5 kg
- Adapter and connections: 31.7 mm receptacle, 60 mm thread
- 55 mm optical tube with fluorite APO
- Dovetail adapter
- Extension Tube 60 mm
- Dew cap
- Dust covers