- High-quality SD refractor with 115 mm aperture
- 890 mm focal length, f7.7
- Bright, pure-colour and extremely sharp image
- Also suitable for full-frame cameras
- Optional reducer and flattener available
- Portable and lightweight, despite large aperture
- Very high contrast thanks to SD glass
- Ideal for observing the moon and planets
- Dimensions: 930 mm x 125 mm, weight: 6.2 kg
- Made in Japan according to stringent quality standards
A new apochromatic refractor with high-performance Super ED glass (=SD).
The FPL53 glass reproduces an extremely clear and sharp image by eliminating residual chromatic aberration.
Another advantage of these SD refractors is their short length and lightweight design.
The SD glass is designed to focus all beams of violet, red, blue, yellow and green light exactly onto the same level.
The special lens material reduces chromatic aberration across all colours.
Together with the new optional SD Reducer HD Kit or SD Flattener HD, these refractors provide illumination with a 44 mm image circle for full-frame SLR cameras.
The ED81SII, ED103S and ED115S refractors were originally designed for visual observers or photographers with an APS-C camera. However, the new SD series features new inner panels which are optimised for full-frame cameras.
The large focuser allows you to attach heavy cameras without the telescope tilting.
The telescope also comes with a folding mirror for making observations in unfavourable conditions,
as well as a T2 thread for connecting a DSLR camera.
- Objective lenses: 115 mm 2-lens apochromat
- Focal length: 890 mm (f7.7)
- Resolution and limiting magnitude: 1.01 arc seconds; 12.1
- Light-gathering power: 270x
- Dimensions and weight: 125 x 930 mm, 6.2 kg
- Adapter and connections: 50 mm sleeve
- ED 115 telescope/lens barrel
- Carry handle
- Folding mirror
- 7x50 viewfinder
- Tube clamps
- Dovetail adapter