- Apochromatic refractor
- High-performance Super FPL-53 ED glass lens
- Short overall length and low weight
- Ideal for planetary observation and photography
- Illumination with a 44mm image circle for full format
- Ideal travel equipment for observation and photography
- Solid quality MADE IN JAPAN
The Vixen ED refractor range has been redesigned in order to allow the use of full frame DSLR camera sensors and yet are still compact and portable. The range is now designated SD (standing for Super extra low Dispersion glass) and includes the same 81mm, 103mm and 115mm variants.
Thanks to an improved baffle system, the incoming light near the edge of field of view has been increased when compared to the previous generation models.
The SD range now has its own dedicated field flattener and focal reducer. These help to deliver pin sharp star images across the field of view of a 35mm full-frame image sensor.
The SD lens in the SD103S gives excellent optical performance in a short optical tube for easy handling.
A new apochromatic refractor with high performance Super-ED glass (= SD). The FPL53 glass reproduces an extremely clear and sharp image by an exceptionally high degree of elimination of residual chromatic aberrations. The advantage of these SD refractors is their short length and low weight. The SD glass is designed to bring all beams of violet, red, blue, yellow and green very precisely together on the same plane. The special lens material, reduces chromatic aberration across all colors. In combination with the new optional SD Reducer HD Kit or SD Flattener HD, these refractors allow illumination with a 44mm image circle for full format SLR cameras.
- Lens diameter: 103mm
- Type of coating: Multi-coated
- Focal length: 795 mm (f7.7)
- Resolution: 1.13 arc seconds
- Visual limit value: 11.8 mag
- Max. magnification: 206x
- Tube length: 810mm
- Tube diameter: 115mm
- Tube weight: 5,4kg
- Viewfinder telescope: 7x50 with illumination unit
- Adapter 7.0 degrees FOV included
- Connections/adapters: thread 60mm and 31.7mm for T-ring
- Eyepiece adapter: 50.8mm (2 inches) and 31.7mm (1.25 inches)
- Flip mirror included
SCOPE OF DELIVERY
- Optical Tube
- Tube rings with carrying handle
- GP dovetail adapter
- Flip mirror
- Dust covers