- SkyPortal WiFi module is compatible with all current Celestron computerised telescopes and selected older models.
- Easy to set up and use
- Wirelessly align and control your telescope using smartphone or tablet with Celestron’s free SkyPortal app
- SkyPortal app works with iOS and Android devices
- Easy to use: tap any celestial object you see in display’s sky to identify it instantly. Tap again and your telescope slews to that object, centring it perfectly in the eyepiece.
- SkyPortal app database contains over 100,000 celestial objects and allows you to view astroimages and listen to audio descriptions for hundreds of the most popular objects while you observe.
- Sky Tour feature generates best stars, galaxies and nebulae to view based on your exact time and location
- WiFi module does not require batteries or external power.
If you have a current Celestron computerised mount (see the Compatibility tab) but want to use it without the supplied handset then the SkyPortal WiFi module, could be just for you. Celestron’s SkyPortal WiFi Module works with Celestron’s planetarium app, SkyPortal, which is free on the Apple App Store and Google Play.
The WiFi module simply plugs into your telescope mount’s Hand Control or AUX port and then connect your tablet or smartphone to the SkyPortal module’s wireless signal. Using Celestron’s free SkyPortal iOS/Android planetarium and telescope control app then makes your mobile device a wireless hand controller for your telescope, guiding you through the alignment process and allowing you to select and slew to any celestial object with a simple tap.
Some features of the SkyPortal Wifi Module and SkyPortal app:
- There is no need to input coordinates or set the time and date—SkyPortal WiFi takes this information directly from your mobile device.
- Perform the initial telescope alignment
- Slew your telescope to one of over 100,000 objects
- Listen to hundreds of audio descriptions on your device, which explain the history, mythology, and key features of the most popular celestial objects.
- Compile a range of “Tonight’s Best” objects and SkyPortal Wifi will display a list of these best objects to view based on your exact time and location.
- The SkyPortal app is your key to exploring the universe— it can be used with or without the SkyPortal WiFi Module.
- SkyPortal WiFi module makes a great gift for telescope users of all ages and skill levels, from kids to advanced users. Take your family on a guided tour of the universe with SkyPortal WiFi!